Sunday 3 February 2013

1. Which is more popular? Anime or Cartoons?

They say that Anime is more popular than cartoons. How did they say so? For me, anime is more entertaining than cartoons. The comparison of anime and cartoon drawings says it all. But what are their other differences? This is one of the questions that bothers my mind whenever I watch anime or cartoons. Besides of its physical appearance, what other things that makes people wonder about those two?



Out of my curiosity, I researched about what differentiates them and I found this article entitled Japanese Anime vs. American Cartoons - A Comparison that is written by a user of hubpages who's known as colpobear. The article talks about colpobear's belief on different things that differentiates anime and cartoons. It is written here that these two are not only for kids but also for adults. I agree on that because there are really scenes where it includes death, perversity, and other ethical dilemma that kids must not watch. This article almost covered the to(s) and to not(s) of anime and cartoons.

If I'm going to bring my comment about anime and cartoons, I'd prefer watching anime than cartoons. Why? Cartoons can be boring sometimes where as anime more is entertaining because it expresses more of the viewer's emotions. For me, cartoons give more attention on the kiddy side. How did I say so? Their drawings are too simple. It looks like a doodle; there are square faces, triangle, and many other kinds of shapes. Isn't it weird? Another thing that makes me want anime more than cartoons is its story plot. Anime's plot is more interesting than cartoons because it contains more sense and sometimes gives us a lesson in our life. While cartoons gives pure humor and it contains lot of the childish ways.

As the first ever creator of anime, Osamu Tezuka said "What is one man's life compared to the eternity of time and space? No more than a snowflake that glitters in the sun for a moment before melting into the flow of time." This quote states that life is too short compared to what this world has to offer. If an opportunity comes into your way, don't hesitate to grab it, because that might be the one last time you'll ever have that opportunity.


So there it concludes why anime is more popular than cartoons. Kids who are practiced to speak in English are more likely advised to watch cartoons. Maybe because the characters speak in English while in anime it is spoken in Japanese. If I were to advise the viewers I’d tell them to watch anime because it can also help your grammar skills because of its subtitles and it can give you more lessons in life rather than cartoons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment